At Prodia Clinical Laboratory, the test result completion time is known by the acronym WSHP. WSHP at Prodia depends as well on the test type and the kind of the tools used to work on the test specimen. WSHP holds a special attention at Prodia because the speed at which a result is received determines the speed at which a patient is further treated.
The test result completion time is very much determined by the kind of test taken by a patient. For this reason, there are tests of which result can be completed in a matter of hours and there are those of which result can only be obtained several days after the test.
WSHP process at Prodia
- The patient comes to Prodia to perform a laboratory or non-laboratory test.
- The service officer performs an identification regarding the type of test to be conducted, and whether or not a specimen can be taken.
- The specimen is given to the specimen distribution department, then identity and requirements of sample condition are checked, and centrifugation and aliquoting are performed.
- The laboratory officer will deliver the specimen to the technical department to be processed.
- Once the result is available, a graded validation is carried out, starting from the analyst and followed by the laboratory supervisor.
- The final validation is done by the quality validator and doctor in charge.
- After the final validation, the result is printed in the form of HPsL and handed over to the service department.
Validation of test result
When the test result is available, it is not given to the patient at once as there will be validation first. This validation process aims to re-confirm that the result fits the patient's history so that there is no oddness or even mistake in the test result.
The validation stage is divided into pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical validation.
- Pre-analytical validation is performed to ensure whether there is any possibility of mistake concerning the specimen, specimen type, volume, sampling time, therapy or clinical symptom.
- Analytical validation is run to ensure that the test result is accurate by taking into account the analysis method, interference, linearity and reference value. It is to find out if the issued result requires the test to be re-performed.
- Post-analytical validation intends to confirm the correlation of the whole laboratory result, associated to the patient's clinical condition. At this stage, the result is validated not only by the quality validator but also the doctor in charge.
Make sure that the result will be ready in time as promised, thus, an advanced treatment may be taken quickly and accurately.